Adventures at Backwoods Academy and Collyott Farms

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Oatmeal Delights

OK so you know how I mentioned I am trying to substitute "honey" for "sugar".  Our entire family is 10 days into a 30 day fast off of white sugar and white flour - my kids have been allowed to cheat a couple of times, you know the cupcake that was passed out to everyone on the ball team - well I decided NOT to be that cruel.  Anyway as only a sugar addict would I'm tearing through my pantry like a "MAD" woman wanting something anything - a candy bar - an entire cookie bowl full of cookies, cupcakes SOMETHING!!!

Well being the Good Girl that I am I decided to create the  best of both worlds a SNACK but made with honey and unbleached whole wheat flour.  Here is the Oatmeal Delights we had - and yes they were edible and good. 




1 cup of butter, softened
1 cup of honey
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 - 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour (going to try with Rice Flour next time)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups Oats (I used Quacker as that is what I had on hand - would like to try with some whole organic oats!)

1.  Heat oven to 350 degrees

2.  Mix together butter, honey, eggs and vanilla in a bowl.



3.  Then mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and oats.   Gradually add to honey mixture.  If you need more flour or oats add til thick and will drop off a spoon.

4.  Drop dough by the teaspoons onto a cookie sheet and bake about 10 minutes are until done - should be golden as the honey darkens the dough!!

OH then ENJOY!!!!

We are still playing with the ice cream recipes- when I find one I can't live without I'll share so far not much luck - Happy Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment