The Holiday Season is upon us - Christmas is one of my favorite holidays of the year. I go all out decorating, baking and just enjoying the time with my family. Once a week I am going to post various Christmas JOYS - things you can do to make the season a little brighter for yourself or someone else - I hope you enjoy.!!
Christmas Joys 1 - Fun Things to Do with KIDS!!!!
1. Make paper snowflakes with your children and hang from their ceilings.
2. Take wrapping paper and transform their bedroom door into one big package (my son LOVES to do this)
3. Have a Christmas Movie Night - Enjoy a marathon of everyone's favorite Christmas movie while snacking on yummy homemade goodies!!
4. The LOLLIPOP TREE - these are fun to do with younger kids who always want to know "How Many more Days til Christmas" - - Cut a white piece of posterboard or piece of cardboard into a large Christmas Tree and mount on their bedroom door or someplace in their room decorate the cardboard tree- colored tape makes a great border - buy lollipops for ease in making rows( will look like ornaments) Cut a paper cup in have and decorate with tin foil and attach to the base of the tree for the bottom. Then make lollipop rows across your tree like garland - take one lollipop off each day until Christmas. - Yummy and FUN!!!
5. Having a baking day - let the kids help. They can even package some to take to nursing homes or hospitals - a great lesson in giving for children.
**Spend some time with your children this Christmas season doing these and other fun activities periodically and watch their faces light up brighter than the lights on the tree - the best part will be the memories of a lifetime you make!!!